Sunday, May 1, 2011

More on Ghonim

In the last post I mentioned that Wael Ghonim used to work at Google, the correct info is that he is on a one year leave from his job as Marketing Manager in the Middle East and north Africa to establish a charity foundation in Egypt, which is something great to be added to him.

My intention was not to belittle of him or to underestimate his role in the revolution, but I was only wondering why was HE honored in the TIME 100 list and not anyone else? Was it because he cried at interview? Was it because he was imprisoned for 12 days without anyone knowing where he was or whether he was dead or alive? I just don't think he deserved the title.

That's all I was saying... I thank everyone for their comments :)

2 comments:

  1. He is so fake! .. wo kalamo superficial .. specially his first & last sentences! .. 2alek mesh me7adar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deedee, to answer your question about my was he honored in the TIME100: The list was about the 100 most influential people on the world, and if you think about it, he did have a big influence on the Egyptian revolution even if what he did was just a click by the mouse, but we still can't deny it.

    However, either he is fake or not, he doesn't give himself any credit and always gives the credit to all Egyptians. I personally haven't seen anything bad from him everything he does is for Egypt's sake.

    Your point of view is understandable and respected though :)

    ReplyDelete